The following statements are fundamental truths that together form a basis of what we believe.
- We believe in one God eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- We believe in the divine inspiration of the whole Bible and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe in the incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, at the same time fully divine and fully human. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary death, His bodily resurrection and His glorious exaltation.
- We believe that God created man in His own image, but that mankind was corrupted by sin, making him subject to God’s wrath and condemnation; and that now in his natural state, man is a sinner, lost, without hope and without God.
- We believe in the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ as the sole and all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences.
- We believe in the justification of the sinner by God’s grace through faith alone.
- We believe that the Gospel, the good news of all that God has done for us in Jesus Christ for our redemption, is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. We further believe that the Church is committed by the command of Christ to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
- We believe that those who respond to the Gospel message with repentance and saving faith are regenerate, justified and free from condemnation. We believe that this salvation is entirely the gift of God by grace through faith, and is not by works or human merit.
- We believe in the illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit. We further believe that the power and gifts of the Holy Spirit are available to believers today.
- We believe that all followers of Jesus form the universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head. As part of this universal Church, we further believe that the local Church exists for the purposes of worship, fellowship, outreach, equipping, and mission.
- We believe in the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory to consummate His Kingdom and to judge the world.